Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Becoming visible















The layers come off
isolation
fat
dark colors
no makeup
white hair
glasses
hiding out physically
mentally
emotionally
spiritually.
All around
I am noticed
sought out
loved
after hibernating
in my mind and
thickened body
ignoring the beckoning
of those who would
know me and
those who would love me.
Little by little
the color and vivacity
seep back into my skin
from the deep well
where they quietly waited.

(Written for Tuesday Tryouts "Photographs as Metaphors", 9/24/13)

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! Love the last five lines. I was reading through thinking, nice, nice; I like the way she layers and unlayers... when, wham! The last five lines. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This speaks to me. So emotively rendered and I love where your metaphor took us. Interesting next to what I wrote as well...a similar vein different facet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyoming, yours is a voice with which I must get familiar. I love the chop of the short sentences that speak volumes. Thanks for letting us in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. knowing you, I love SEEING you. Beautiful Woman, Diva, Friend

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!