Monday, October 24, 2011

We could have had it all...

















Going through the motions
of everyday activity while
preparing for the new life,
motions stiff and wooden
and colorless,
almost meaningless.
When did life become so flat?
Yes, it's been that way for a
few years now, but my heart
water-colored your behavior,
my writing and my daughter
gave me beautiful sunsets and
energy and meaning.
Now, it's sepia, fading to black.
You touch me and it seems loving,
but really, it's a lie, and I shrug off
your aberrant hope and
look to the horizon
over your shoulder
where the sun is slowly rising.
(Posted for Midnight Snack #6, 10/24/11 - late, I know, but the image spoke to me today!
Also posted to Thursday Think Tank #71, Energy, 10/24/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!