Monday, July 11, 2011

To the old lover...

Too many years too late
you tender impassioned pleas
for understanding, explanations,
second chances, verbal trysting,
alleged face-to-face conversational
opportunities, where I suspect your
vocalizations will have more to do with
efforts to remove my clothing than
my reservations about interacting
with you at any level.
You only get a free pass on trust
once; after that you have to earn it,
if you even get another chance at
that level of intimacy at all.
Probably not.
To be trusted, you must act
trustworthy.
That is not being demonstrated
even minimally by you.
Loneliness and disappointment
are inclining you to attempt to put a glow and
a spin on the past that was never there
and never true
because of your carelessness
with my heart.
I won't be enticed in again,
Mister Spider, especially as I
observe your online activity with others
that likely has the same tenor and
intentions as yours with me.

(Posted for Poetry Potluck, "Love and its not being there", 7/31/11)

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Sounds like someone you really should steer clear of! Very well put and I know exactly what you're talking about! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch!!! scary but at least the eyes are opened to the nature of the beast... :(
    enjoy the potluck!!!
    http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/ever-after/

    ReplyDelete
  3. And people wonder why I try to keep a certain depth of walls around me - excellent write and message of the try nefariousness of some on the net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. Love "you only get a free pass on trust once" ... write on ... :-)

    JamieDedes

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish people treated each other better, maybe then life wouldn't hurt so bad. but then again we probably would not have so many poets either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust is very fragile. A nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have issues with trust . . . as well I should have. :) Nice write!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once trust is broken it breaks too many other things in a relationship to reconcile. You have a keen eye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's such a shame when after being hurt we shy away from the next... and the next...
    Nice writing. Sad, but well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well online activity claims another one I guess... I could feel the pain that you have had because of this ....
    Its good to be offline to this online spider...

    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2010/05/whispers.html

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!