Saturday, July 2, 2011

Reunion IV

Feeling low this morning
missing my high school friends
who weren't able to make reunion.
It's weird to hang out with people who
were rather evil jerks in high school
but are now playing nice.
At least, I think they are playing
nice. My paranoid teen-aged Inner
Child seems certain those classmates
chewed over my changes and character
after I left last night - and that it wasn't in a
positive way. She assures me that
there was more of those 'things unsaid
at reunions' going on, all to do with
white hair, large ass, unusual husband,
and non-drinking.
What do I care? And why so much
paranoia about people I haven't seen
in thirty years and will likely
never see again?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that pretty much sums up why I convinced myself that I didn't want to be there. It took me a long time to repair the damage enough to like myself and the other wounded souls I've renewed contact with since facebook. I think over-all most people move past those bitter days but I am sure there are still the "Evil Ones"

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!