Thursday, July 28, 2011

Letter


Dear Willard,
What a surprise to see your
name, my old elementary school,
on the envelope!
I have such fond memories of
you, especially my earlier years
in your halls, joyfully discovering
the fabulousness that is a library
full of books, and winning a
writing contest at the tender age
of 9, cementing my life-long interest
in wordsmithing.
Tether-ball recess,
trench digging, Girl Scouts,
choir concerts, state projects,
fitness awards, perfect attendance,
and writing, always writing.
I faithfully drive past and study
you when I am in the neighborhood,
remembering your safe influence.
Love,
S.
(Posted for Theme Thursday, "Letter", 7/28/11)

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you had wonderful experiences during your school years at Willard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - sounds like wonderful days and wonderful memories.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have similar feelings every time I go to meeting since the rooms are in the building just next to my old Primary School. Wonderful to see the old places, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are treasures in our lives.

    I had an art teacher who took me with him into the hills on a couple of day trips, painting, when i was in early highschool. I learnt so much from watching him at work. Would be allowed now though. Mr Murdoch has taught us all to be afraid of our teachers.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!