Thursday, April 6, 2017

Job interview in seven acts

I.

This guy has a great resume
lots of skills, mad skills
but a little on the coarse side

II.

He's my friend, my friend
hope hope hope
*cringe* don't cuss, man!

III.

Can he get along with everyone?
Can he pass tests?
Will he take direction?

IV.

My nephew is so obviously
the perfect candidate, young,
moldable, intelligent...can't you all see that?

V.

Tell us why you want to work for us
what attracts you to this job?
what are you hoping to get by working here?

VI.

They are equally matched candidates
Each would do a great job for us
what is the determining factor?

VII.

Call the references
what is the candidate's desperation level?
who might be the most loyal?

Prompt from and posted for NaPoWriMo - Day 6. Also posted (on a whim) to dVerse Poets Pub - open mic night 4/6/17.

8 comments:

  1. So many questions...I love that one: "Where do you see yourself in five years?" Uh...let's see...I better not say the gutter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days. The last time a prospective employer wondered about my desperation level I bit her head off. Do I need to tell what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a yucky thing to have to go through.I only ever had one interview and it was in the pub ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah you just decribed five of my job interviews!! Powerfully penned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of reasons for hiring someone including being someone's friend or relative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is going through this process now for a summer job...you capture the angst of different points of (inter)view!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Job interview... I shudder at the mere thought.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!