Sunday, April 2, 2017

Happy life

I adopt rescue dogs

regularly

There is joy in watching
them respond to love
and safety and spoiling

There is sadness in holding
them as they grow old and
frail and fail and leave me

But I keep doing it - the rescues

Nobody should be abandoned
unloved
unwanted

Especially the innocent
the animals we domesticated
and befriended

Miss Maggie left a month ago
after three good years of finding her
and nursing her back to health

Miss Princess is leaving today
Now a pained, weak little girl also
pampered and loved into health
over two years
breaking my heart as I
make this decision to release her

So sad. But glad I was able to
provide them both with a little bit of
a happy life


Poetry prompt from NaPoWriMo - Day 2 -. Poem posted for the same!

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts!