Monday, January 19, 2015

Dreams of my future
















What's this in my sleeping hand?
An approved class list,
all interesting literary subjects
offered at civilized hours,
no less. (Not before 11 am!)
Though I know it's a dream,
I sense the housing dilemma of
previous nights has been solved,
the English department is glad to
have me back on their staff,
and my students are eager to
embark on our
mutual educational journey.
I drift through
the student union
libraries
Prexie's pasture
meandering around dormitories,
face lifted to the sky, strolling
walkways framed by arched trees
content
It's happening.
My life is together again.

2 comments:

  1. This is a favorite kind of poem for me, one that paints a moment, a feeling, the world! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!