Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Belligerent

Tilting constantly against the
perceived injustices in the world
family church work society.
Determinedly resisting the mainstream
the ordinary, the acceptable
the sheep-ish, the drone clone robot.
You can't tell me what to do.
Go ahead. Try.
I will not be badgered, bullied,
manipulated, or persuaded
to be or do something I am NOT.
Stubborn, assertively bordering on
aggressive, doggedly peaceful
except when provoked to anger
and then the belligerence comes out,
in waves of red and white and rage
old anger, from years of being forced
against my will to accept the unacceptable
as normal.
No. I will not. But I will not
fight. My attitude is shifting
and has been for many years
from
obstinately awful to
peaceful determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!