Friday, June 24, 2011

Reunion I

Barely a week now until
the thirtieth class reunion.
I've never attended one;
my life was always a wreck
in previous decades and I
couldn't bear to put my problems
or my body on display for
their delectation. After all,
high school had often been a time
of rather intense harassment.
As I anticipate this event, I
am contemplating my former
classmates and wondering about
the changes I will see. After all,
I have changed incredibly!
I'm betting that while bodies and
hair colors will vary, some personalities
will be exactly the same, especially as
I observe a bunch of them, on Facebook,
plotting the first night's gathering at a bar.
I don't drink anymore!

4 comments:

  1. Meeting people from so long ago can be terrifying! I don't envy you, but at the same time I do... Just think of how wonderful it will feel to show them who you've become (I know that's kind of like gloating, but still... *smile*)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,
    How are you?
    Inviting you to join poetry potluck week 41 tomorrow,
    Any poems are welcome…
    Cheers.
    Always, your talent is sunshine to us.
    Jingle
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am both jealous that you will be there
    and relieved that I will not.
    Enjoy it,
    flaunt it,
    but remember
    You were always better than most of them
    and I always knew it.

    If any of them are worth it
    give them a hug from me,
    if not
    keep them all for you

    from dixie,
    with a thousand hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!