Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cliched truth

My pure silver intuition
has been tempered by the fires of decades of hyper vigilance,
heated and shaped in a childhood forge lousy with
abusers, beaters, liars and molesters
and through a seeming adult eternity of interacting with
cheaters, scammers, and prevaricators of all walks of life.
I absolutely know when someone is bullshitting me.
Believe it.
Please cease the rationalizations, defensiveness, excuses, and
the outright assaults on my integrity.
I don’t tell you the truth about you to attack or shame you
but to invite that rare honesty, intimacy and disclosure
into our relationship
that I have rarely experienced
but have doggedly sought and requested from every person
who spends any time in my purview.
Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining!


(NaPo prompt: based on idea of writing a poem based on an old or cliched saying)

1 comment:

  1. this is srong and real. I like the in vitation to honesty and the bluntness of the last line.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!